Ubisoft has recently announced that their latest and upcoming game, Assassin’s Creed: Rogue, will be released this coming March 10, 2015 on PC. In addition, Ubisoft Kiev has teamed up with Tobii Tech, an eye-tracking company, to give you “an ‘infinite screen’ experience”. Ubisoft also revealed the minimum system requirements for PC. See more details below.
Assassin’s Creed: Rogue Comes to PC
In the Assassin’s Creed: Rogue, players will assume the role of Shay Patrick Cormack, a Templar who becomes an Assassin Hunter. The game takes place in North America during the Seven Years War. Expect a naval-based combat similar to what you saw in AC 4: Black Flag.
Like I said earlier, Ubisoft Kiev has teamed up with Tobii Tech to bring something new to gamers. They have integrated an eye-tracking, with the use of SteelSeries Sentry eye-tracking hardware, where players will be able to pan the camera left to right via eye movement. This would be a new form of input that would complement the mouse and keyboard controls. According to Ubisoft, this eye-tracking feature will create “an infinite screen experience”. Now, that’s something I would want to try.
Ubisoft also added that if you pre-order the Assassin’s Creed: Rogue via Ubisoft’s Uplay, you will get one of seven Assassin’s Creed games for free. This includes: Assassin’s Creed 3, Freedom Cry, Liberation, Revelations, Brotherhood Deluxe, 2 Deluxe or the original Assassin’s Creed.
Assassin’s Creed: Rogue PC system requirements
Ubisoft, as of now, only disclosed the minimum system requirements for Windows PC. You will need at least the following to play the game:
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8/8.1 (64bit versions only)
- CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- Video card: nVidia GeForce GTS450 or AMD Radeon HD5670 (1024MB VRAM) or Intel HD4600
- DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redistributable
- DVD-ROM drive: Only required for the Disk installation ( 1 Dual Layer DVD )
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest driver
- Hard drive: 11.4 GB
Supported video cards at time of release:
- NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 or better, GeForce 500, 600, 700, 900 series
- AMD Radeon HD 5670 or better, Radeon HD 6000, 7000, R7, R9 series
- Intel HD4600, HD5200
Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.