Gigabyte X170-Extreme ECC Motherboard Released – First Intel Thunderbolt 3 C236 Chipset Motherboard
Gigabyte officially announced the Gigabyte X170-EXTREME ECC motherboard recently, the world’s first motherboard to feature Intel Thunderbolt 3 C236 Chipset. The Gigabyte X170-Extreme ECC is geared towards high-end desktop and workstation users that need to use Intel Xeon E3-1200 V5 processors as well as DDR4 ECC memory, aside from the 6th Gen. Intel Skylake CPUs and DDR4 memory. Check out more details of the new GA-X170-Extreme ECC motherboard below.
Gigabyte X170 Extreme ECC Motherboard
Gigabyte announces that its support for Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 has expanded with the certification of its upcoming GIGABYTE GA-X170-EXTREME ECC motherboard.
The GIGABYTE X170-EXTREME ECC motherboard is the world’s first C236 chipset board to receive Thunderbolt™ 3 certification from Intel, enabling full support for the fastest connectivity protocol on the planet. Compatible with Intel’s Xeon® E3-1200 v5 processor and DDR4 ECC (Error-correcting code) memory, the GA-X170-EXTREME ECC motherboard has what professionals need to do their best work. The addition of Thunderbolt™ 3 makes the motherboard a definite must-have for any high-end desktop system.
Powered by Intel’s own Thunderbolt™ 3 controller, the new Thunderbolt™ 3 protocol, which is available over a USB Type-C™ connector on the back I/O of select GIGABYTE motherboards including the X170-EXTREME ECC, brings an unprecedented single-wire bandwidth of up to 40 Gb/s — twice more than the previous generation!
Thunderbolt™ 3 over USB Type-C™ supports DisplayPort 1.2, which is able to drive a 4K resolution display at 60 FPS, and revolutionary industry-first features such as power delivery up to 36W, as well as the ability to daisy-chain up to 6 devices per USB Type-C port.
Support for Thunderbolt™ 3 on the Gigabyte X170-EXTREME ECC motherboard, an industry first for the C236 chipset, means that professionals are no longer constrained by the bottleneck of bandwidth. With the ability to transfer extremely large files – such as raw 4K video – in a manner of seconds, professionals spend less time waiting and more time creating.
Gigabyte X170-Extreme ECC Key Features:
- World’s First Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 Certified C236 Chipset Motherboard
- Supports the Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v5 processor and 6th Gen. Intel® Core™ i3/ Pentium®/ Celeron® Processor
- Dual Channel DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel® USB 3.1 with USB Type-C™ – The World’s Next Universal Connector
- 3-Way Graphics Support with Exclusive Ultra Durable Metal Shielding over the PCIe Slots
- Dual PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 Connectors with up to 32Gb/s Data Transfer (PCIe NVMe & SATA SSD support)
- 3 SATA Express Connectors for up to 16Gb/s Data Transfer
- HDMI 2.0 for [email protected] and 21:9 aspect ratio provide the finest viewing experience
- Creative SoundCore™ 3D Gaming Audio
- Integrated HDMI 2.0 support
- Killer™ E2400 and Intel®Gaming Networks
- LED Trace Path with Multi-Color Choice
- APP Center Including EasyTune™ and Cloud Station™ Utilities
- GIGABYTE UEFI DualBIOS™ Technology
Gigabyte X170 Extreme ECC Specifications
(Please refer “CPU Support List” for more information.)
(Please refer “Memory Support List” for more information.)
|Onboard Graphics||Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:
Integrated Graphics Processor+MegaChips MCDP2800 chip:
Maximum shared memory of 512 MB
ASMedia® ASM1061 chip:
Chipset+Renesas® USB 3.0 Hub:
Chipset+Intel® USB 3.1 Controller:
|Internal I/O Connectors||
|Back Panel Connectors||