HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset and HyperX Fury Mouse Pad Released
Kingston HyperX recently officially announced their 2nd generation gaming headset – the HyperX Cloud II gaming headset, and the new HyperX Fury mouse pad. The HyperX Cloud II follows the success of the first Cloud we previously reviewed here. It’s basically the same pair of cans with the same dynamic drivers. But it now comes with enhancements and improvements that the first generation came short. It now features softer pads and cushion, noise cancelling removable mic and a dedication USB sound card with virtual 7.1 surround sound effects. You can check out more details below from the official press release after the jump.
HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset and HyperX Fury Mouse Pad Unleashed
HyperX®, a division of Kingston Technology, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of HyperX Cloud II headset. Shipping now, HyperX Cloud II features a newly designed USB sound card audio control box featuring 7.1 virtual surround sound, in addition to the great features and benefits of the previous award-winning HyperX Cloud headset.
Fully designed by HyperX sound engineers, the LED backlit audio control box delivers hardware-based (no drivers needed) 7.1 virtual surround sound with independent audio and microphone volume control. Gamers can easily toggle on 7.1 virtual Surround Sound with a push of a button to emulate having seven positional speakers for enhanced gaming. HyperX Cloud II is USB-powered for PC and Mac to amplify audio and voice, as well as 3.5mm stereo compatible for PS4 and Xbox One1.
The microphone is digitally enhanced with noise cancellation, auto gain control and echo cancellation via the USB sound card. Certified by TeamSpeak and Skype optimized, HyperX Cloud II provides clearer voice quality, game sounds and reduced background noise. The ear cups and headband are 100-percent memory foam to provide maximum comfort when gaming for hours.
HyperX will also launch its second gaming surface, HyperX FURY Pro Gaming Mouse Pad. Made of cloth material and soft padding, HyperX FURY mouse pads offer optimal precision, comfort and stability. HyperX FURY mouse pads are available in four sizes, and are portable and durable to suit any gamer’s environment.
According to Ann Bai, Sales Director, APAC Region, HyperX Division, Kingston: “We are excited to expand our line of HyperX accessories with the new Cloud II and FURY mouse pad,” “We can now offer gamers a 7.1 virtual surround sound headset that has all of the comfort and style of the original HyperX Cloud. These two new products give gamers great sound and control so they can enjoy a fully immersive gaming experience.”
HyperX Cloud II is available in red, gun metal, and limited edition pink (coming soon) and is backed by a two-year warranty and legendary HyperX reliability.
HyperX Cloud II Specifications
- Transducer Type: dynamic Ø 53mm
- Frequency Response: 15Hz–25,000 Hz
- Nominal SPL: 98±3dB
- Operating principle: closed
- Nominal impedance: 60 Ω per system
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Power handling capacity: 150mW
- Sound coupling to the ear: circumaural
- Ambient noise attenuation: approx. 20 dBa
- Headband pressure: 5N
- Weight with microphone and cable: 320g
- Cable length and type: 1m + 2m extension
- Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5 mm)
- Transducer Type: condenser (back electret)
- Polar Pattern: cardioid
- Frequency Response: 50-18,000 Hz
- Operating principle: pressure gradient
- Power supply: AB powering
- Supply voltage: 2V
- Current consumption: max 0.5 mA
- Nominal impedance: ≤2.2 kΩ
- Open circuit voltage: at f = 1 kHz: 20 mV / Pa
- THD: 2% at f = 1 kHz
- Max. SPL: 105dB SPL (THD≤1.0% at 1 KHz)
- Microphone output: -39±3dB
- Length mic boom: 150mm (include gooseneck)
- Capsule diameter: Ø6*5 mm
- Connection: single mini stereo jack plug (3.5mm)
Editor’s note: Stick around for our review of the HyperX Cloud II and find out what we think.