NVIDIA recently unleashed the Ultimate GeForce graphics card offering extreme gaming performance that is faster than the Titan X Pascal – the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is a beast of a graphics card, packed with 3584 CUDA cores, 11GB GDDR5X VRAM running at 11Gbps on a 352-bit memory interface; and offering gaming performance at “up to 35% faster than the GTX 1080”. Based on white paper alone, the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti should be able to drive modern day games at smooth 60fps (or above) at 4K UHD resolution. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition comes with a retail price of $699 and will be available starting next week. Check out more of its features and specifications from the official news below.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Features
Crowning its award-winning lineup of Pascal architecture-based GPUs, NVIDIA unveiled its fastest gaming GPU ever — the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. Packed with extreme gaming horsepower, the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti delivers up to 35 percent more performance than the GTX 1080 and comes with 11GB of next-generation GDDR5X memory, running at a staggering 11Gbps, for the ultimate in memory bandwidth and gaming prowess.
The Ultimate GeForce, with the Ultimate Specs
NVIDIA designed the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti to handle the graphical demands of 4K and 5K gaming, DX12, HDR and immersive VR. It incorporates:
- Massive Features for Massive Performance: The GTX 1080 Ti includes 3,584 NVIDIA CUDA cores and a massive 11GB frame buffer running at an unheard of 11Gbps. It delivers up to 35 percent faster performance than the GeForce GTX 1080 and up to 78 percent faster performance than the GTX 1070. The GTX 1080 Ti is even faster than the NVIDIA TITAN X Pascal, its US$1,200 big brother that was designed for deep learning and artificial intelligence.
- Next-Gen Memory Architecture: GTX 1080 Ti is the world’s first GPU to feature Micron’s next-gen G5X memory. 11GB of G5X memory running a blazing 11Gbps quad data rate delivers the most effective memory bandwidth of any modern gaming GPU. And it still has plenty of headroom for overclocking.
- Advanced FinFET Process: The GTX 1080 Ti is manufactured on the industry’s cutting-edge FinFET process. Its 12 billion transistors deliver a dramatic increase in performance and efficiency over previous-generation products.
- Meticulous Craftsmanship: The GTX 1080 Ti runs as cool as it looks due to superior heat dissipation from a new high-airflow thermal solution with vapor chamber cooling, 2x the airflow area and a power architecture featuring a seven-phase power design with 14 high-efficiency dualFETs.
- Support for Advanced Graphics Technologies: 4K, VR, NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR and NVIDIA GameWorks offer interactive, cinematic experiences accompanied by incredibly smooth gameplay.
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Specifications
|Specifications||GeForce GTX 1080 Ti||GeForce GTX 1080||TITAN X|
|GPU||16nm GP102||16nm GP104||16nm GP102|
|Power Connectors||6-pin + 8-pin||8-pin||6-pin + 8-pin|
|MSRP||$699 USD||$499 USD||$1199 USD|
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Price and Availability
The GeForce GTX 1080 Ti-based graphics cards, including the NVIDIA Founders Edition, will be available worldwide – across 238 countries and territories – from the NVIDIA GeForce Partner Network, including ASUS, Colorful, EVGA, Gainward, Galaxy, Gigabyte, Innovision 3D, MSI, Palit, PNY and Zotac, starting March 10. Pre-orders on nvidia.com will go live on March 2 at 8 a.m. PT.
In line with the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti’s release, NVIDIA has also announce a new version of the GTX 1080 featuring a faster GDDR5X and its price adjusted from $599 down to $499.
Massive GeForce GTX 1080 Giveaway
In conjunction with the announcement, NVIDIA is giving away 108 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti cards to its GeForce Experience community. To be eligible, gamers only need to download GeForce Experience 3.0 and opt-in to receive the latest rewards, news and more from GeForce and NVIDIA. Winners will be informed via email on March 7.