With the success of the MM-500 professional headphones, Audeze is collaborating again with Manny Marroquin to deliver a more affordable version of the MM headphones series. Audeze recently announced the MM-100 – an open-back planar magnetic professional studio headphone designed for a broader audience. With an MSRP of only $399, it’s significantly cheaper than the MM-500, and Audeze expects the first shipments in May. The MM-100 is already listed on Amazon.com here. You can learn more about the headphone from the official news release below.
Audeze Releases New MM-100 Professional Studio Headphones with Manny Marroquin
Audeze, the leading audio technology brand and premium headphone manufacturer, today announces their newest headphone made in collaboration with 17-time Grammy-winning engineer/producer Manny Marroquin. The MM-100 features Audeze’s latest planar magnetic driver design, and a new lightweight chassis to bring unprecedented levels of quality and reliability to a wide range of audio professionals and enthusiasts.
The MM-100 is based on the highly successful MM-500, which has earned praise from acclaimed recording professionals since its debut at NAMM 2022. The MM-100 carries forward the highly regarded tuning from Audeze’s 90mm planar magnetic drivers. These efficient, low-impedance drivers make the MM-100 easy to drive from any console, interface, or laptop. The newly-designed chassis features premium materials but weighs only 375 grams, ensuring comfort over long sessions.
“I’m so excited to make studio-quality sound available to a broader audience,”. “Everyone working in audio needs a headphone they can rely on, inside or outside the studio,”.
Audeze CEO Sankar Thiagasamudram:
“The goal of the MM-100 is to set a new standard in headphone performance for a wide range of users,”. “We worked with Manny to ensure that our professional products work optimally in the most demanding situations,”.
Audeze MM-100 Key Features:
- Industry-tested and refined by top recording artists at would-famous Larrabee Studios in Hollywood
- Carefully tuned for accuracy across the audible frequency spectrum to deliver consistent results professionals can rely on
- Audeze’s Uniforce™ diaphragms, Fazor™ waveguides and Fluxor™ Magnets provide great clarity with class-leading low distortion, and high efficiency to excel with a wide range of audio equipment and techniques
- Lightweight, premium chassis with magnesium/aluminum housing, gel-filled leather earpads, suspension strap, and spring-steel headband for long-term durability and comfort; folds flat for storage or travel
Audeze MM-100 Specifications
- Style: Over-ear (circumaural), open-back
- Transducer Type: Planar Magnetic
- Transducer Size: 90 mm
- Diaphragm Type: Ultra-Thin Uniforce™
- Magnetic Structure: Fluxor™ Magnet Array
- Magnet Type: Neodymium N50
- Phase Management: Fazor™
- Earpads: Synthetic Leather / Foam
- Weight: 375g
- Frequency response: 10Hz-50kHz
- THD: <0.1% (@ 1 kHz, 1mW)
Includes: MM-100 Headphone | Braided Headphone Cable | 6.35mm to 3.5mm Adapter Cable | Soft Storage Bag | Certificate of Authenticity and Warranty Cards.
Pricing and Availability
Audeze’s MM-100 is assembled in the U.S.A. and will retail for $399, with first shipments expected in May. When this article was published, it was already listed on Amazon. You can check out the links below for the latest pricing and availability. (#ad)
Audeze MM-100 Headphone is now listed on Amazon.com here.
Audeze MM-500 Headphone is available on Amazon.com here.