Corsair CS 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply Now Available – See Specs, Price and Where to Buy
Corsair released and made available a new line of affordable modular power supplies, the Corsair CS Series 80 Plus Gold Modular PSUs, composed of a 450w, 550w, 650w, and a 750w models. These new PSUs are even cheaper than the recently released RM series, yet also feature an 80 Plus Gold Certification. The CS series are geared towards entry level to semi mid-range desktop PC and are great for system builders who are looking for a cheap yet reliable and stable modular power supply. Check out the rest of its features, specifications, price as well as where you can get one.
Corsair CS Series Features
- The latest ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 standards and it is backward compatible with ATX12V 2.2, 2.31 and ATX12V 2.01 systems.
- 4th generation Intel® Core™ processor Ready (Intel Haswell and Z87 motherboards)
- 80PLUS Gold certified, delivering over 92% energy efficiency at real world load conditions
- Modular cables allow you to remove unneeded cables.
- The low-profile, flat modular cable design reduces air friction and helps maximize airflow through your computer’s chassis.
- A three year warranty and lifetime access to Corsair’s legendary technical support and customer service
- Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) with PF value of 0.99.
- Universal AC input from 100~240V
- Multi-GPU Ready
- Over-voltage protection, under-voltage protection, and short circuit protection, over power protection, over temperature protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components
- Safety and Agency Approvals: FCC, ICES, UL, CUL, TUV, CCC, CE, RCM, CB, EAC, KC, BSMI, ROHS, WEEE
- Supports ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92
The new Corsair CS Series Modular PSUs are designed to deliver stable, continuous power with 80 PLUS Gold certified power efficiency to minimize energy waste and lower electrical bills. The new PSUs are cooled with a 120 mm sleeve bearing fan that runs at low speeds during typical loads, keeping the PSU nearly silent during everyday tasks. The CS Series meets the latest ATX power specifications and is compatible with the latest AMD and Intel processors, with full support for the low-power modes of the latest 4th Generation Intel Core processors.
The Corsair CS Series PSUs feature a semi-modular cable system with the core motherboard power cables (24 pin and 8 pin EPS12V) permanently attached and include modular flat cables that can be attached for powering other devices such as graphics cards, SSDs, hard drives, and fans. The modular design enables users to add just the cables required for their PC, which combined with the black flat cables, creates PCs with reduced cable clutter, a cleaner look, and better airflow.
According to Aaron Neal, Corsair’s product manager of PC Power Supplies: “The CS Series Modular PSUs deliver 80 Plus Gold efficiency and Corsair quality at Bronze level prices,”. “They are perfect for users that want reliable, energy efficient power for their PCs at a price that won’t break their budget.”
Corsair CS Series Specifications
|Specifications||Corsair CS450M||Corsair CS550M||Corsair CS650M||Corsair CS750M|
|Warranty||Three years||Three years||Three years||Three years|
|Dimension||150mm x 86mm x 140mm||150mm x 86mm x 140mm||150mm x 86mm x 140mm||150mm x 86mm x 140mm|
|Power||450 Watts||550 Watts||650 Watts||750 Watts|
|4 Pin Peripheral Connector||3||4||4||7|
|MTBF||150,000 hours||150,000 hours||150,000 hours||150,000 hours|
Price and Where to Buy
The new Corsair CS Series Modular PSUs are now available starting at $89.99 to $119.99 (manufacturer’s suggested retail price) and comes with free shipping when you order via the links below. They are backed with a limited 3-year warranty and Corsair’s excellent customer service and technical support.
Corsair CS450M – $89.99
Corsair CS550M – $99.99
Corsair CS650M – $109.99
Corsair CS750M – $119.99