Water-cooled EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 (Ti) Hydro Copper and Hybrid FTW3 and XC Variant Revealed
EVGA recently revealed their GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 2080 FTW3 and XC variants cooled with their Hydro Copper and Hybrid cooler design. There are several models, these includes the: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 (Ti) Hydro Copper FTW3 and Hydro Copper XC, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Hybrid XC and EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Hybrid FTW3. Aside from the Hydro and Hybrid series, there’s also the EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 (Ti) FTW3 and Blower type variant; all featuring a translucent or smoked-translucent plastic shroud. It looks really cool since you can see the heat sink (and other components) under the cooler shroud. Not sure if they are (RGB) illuminated though. Check out the photos below.
EVGA GeForce RTX 20 Series Hydro Copper and Hybrid FTW3 and XC Variant Pictured
For those who love to keep their (gaming) system “watered”, EVGA has revealed the Hydro Copper and Hybrid variants of their upcoming GeForce RTX 20 series graphics cards. Just like the air-cooled version, these Hydro Copper and Hybrid will also come in FTW3 and XC Editions. FTW3 Edition is expected to feature a custom-designed PCB; meaning the PCB of this line is not similar to the reference RTX 2080 (ti) or Founders Edition. It’s going to be wider or taller than the usual RTX 20 series’ PCB.
The Hydro Copper variant is designed for users who plans or is using a custom loop water cooling system. Meanwhile, the Hybrid variant is geared towards a wider range of enthusiasts and gamers. The Hybrid Variant is like a blower design, but comes with a built-in AIO GPU cooler. With the Hybrid variant, you don’t need an external radiator or water cooling system to make it work.
Aside from the EVGA RTX 2080 (Ti) Hydro Copper and Hybrid variants, there’s also the Blower type featuring a really nice looking translucent shroud. And then there’s the EVGA RTX 2080 (Ti) FTW3 with triple fan design and custom PCB.
Price and Availability
At this time, there are no prices for the Hydro Copper and Hybrid series yet; including the FTW3 and Blower type. They’re not even listed yet. Expect that these water-cooled variants will be more expensive than the air-cooled variants. What you can order now are the EVGA RTX 2080 Ti and RTX 2080 XC GAMING and XC ULTRA variants. You can check out the links below for latest pricing and availability.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series Features
- New RT Cores to enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
- Turing Tensor Cores to perform lightning-fast deep neural network processing.
- New NGX neural graphics framework integrates AI into the overall graphics pipeline, enabling AI algorithms to perform amazing image enhancement and generation.
- New Turing shader architecture with Variable Rate Shading allows shaders to focus processing power on areas of rich detail, boosting overall performance.
- New memory system featuring ultra-fast GDDR6 with over 600GB/s of memory bandwidth for high-speed, high-resolution gaming.
- NVIDIA NVLink®, a high-speed interconnect that provides higher bandwidth (up to 100 GB/s) and improved scalability for multi-GPU configurations (SLI).
- Hardware support for USB Type-C™ and VirtualLink™, a new open industry standard being developed to meet the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C™ connector.
- New and enhanced technologies to improve performance of VR applications, including Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering and VRWorks Audio.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series Specifications
|Specifications||RTX 2080 Ti||RTX 2080||RTX 2070||GTX 1080 Ti||GTX 1080||GTX 1070|
|Architecture||Turing - TU102||Turing - TU104||Turing - TU104||Pascal - GP102||Pascal - GP104||Pascal - GP104|
|Process||12nm FNN||12nm FNN||12nm FNN||16nm||16nm||16nm|
|Giga Rays||10 GR/s||8 GR/s||6 GR/s||1.21 GR/s||less than 1GR/s||less than 1GR/s|
|Compute||13.4 TFLOPS||10.1 TFLOPS||7.5 TFLOPS||11.3 TFLOPS||8.8 TFLOPS||6.5 TFLOPS|
|Base Clock||1350 MHz||1515 MHz||1410 MHz||1480 MHz||1607 MHz||1506 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1635 MHz (OC) FE|
|1800 MHz (OC) FE|
|1710 MHz (OC) FE|
|1582 MHz||1733 MHz||1683 MHz|
|Memory Speed||14 Gbps||14 Gbps||14 Gbps||11 Gbps||10 Gbps||8 Gbps|
|Memory Bandwidth||616 GB/s||448 GB/s||448 GB/s||484 Gb/s||320 GB/s||256 GB/s|
|Max. GPU Temp||89||88||89||91||94||94|
|Power Connectors||8+8 pin||8+8 pin||8 pin||6+8 pin||8 pin||8 pin|
|Graphics Card Power||260W FE |
|Price (At Launch)||$1,199 FE|