EVGA graphics cards are undeniably one of the most popular custom-designed cards in the market. With the release of the new NVIDIA RTX 30 Series Ampere GPU; EVGA offers a fresh new look and design for their RTX 30 series lineup. EVGA will be releasing 5 variants of the RTX 30 series cards. The EVGA XC3 RTX 30, EVGA FTW3 RTX 30, a Hybrid RTX 30; and for the (water) cooling enthusiasts a Hydro Copper RTX 30 series. Meanwhile, for the extreme overclockers and enthusiasts, EVGA offers the GeForce RTX 3090 KINGPIN graphics card. Check out more details below.
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090, RTX 3080 and RTX 3070 Released
EVGA’s new RTX 30 series variants include the KINGPIN, Hydro Copper, Hybrid, FTW3, and XC3. These are all familiar variants, especially if you previous own an EVGA card. But EVGA is offering a new look and aesthetics for each variant, as well as improved cooling design.
However, not all GPUs will be available in each variant. For example, the RTX 3070 will only be available under FTW3 and XC3 variant. Meanwhile, the RTX 3080 will be available in Hydro Copper, Hybrid, FTW3, and XC3 variants. Only the RTX 3090 is available in all variants, and it’s the only GPU with a KINGPIN model. EVGA usually offers a KINGPIN model only to the flagship or highest-end GPU.
I would like to highlight a portion of EVGA’s official news “The Definition of Ultimate Performance” below:
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 and RTX 3080
The EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 is colossally powerful in every way imaginable; giving you a whole new tier of performance at 8K resolution. Meanwhile, the RTX 3080 delivers the unprecedented performance that gamers crave for 4K resolution gaming. It’s powered by the NVIDIA Ampere architecture; which doubles down on ray tracing and AI performance with enhanced RT Cores, Tensor Cores, and new streaming multiprocessors. Combined with the next generation of design, cooling, and overclocking with EVGA Precision X1; the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Series redefines the definition of ultimate performance.
EVGA GeForce RTX 3070
The EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 is also powered by the NVIDIA Ampere architecture. However, it uses the older GDDR6 memory, instead of the newer and faster GDDR6X. According to NVIDIA the RTX 3070 is faster than previous flagship RTX 2080 Ti. This makes the RTX 3070 a great card for demanding games at 1440p resolution.
- Micro-thin Heatpipes – Built-in Micro-thin Heatpipes on the EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 backplate adds additional heat transfer from the memory backside.
- Air-Through PCB – Carefully placed cut-outs in the PCB and backplate improve airflow and decrease exhaust recovery.
- Unified Copper Block for GPU and Memory – A unified copper block that EVGA has previously used on the HYBRID cooler solution; and is proven to lower both GPU and memory temperatures.
- Through-Hole Heatsink Fins – The EVGA iCX3 heatsink features many L-shaped fins with hundreds of through-holes to allow cool air to run through the entire heatsink evenly and quietly.
- HDB 2.0 0dB Noise Motor Fan – 2nd Gen HDB fan on EVGA graphics card features an optimized HDB active motor for silent 0dB mode, asynchronous fan mode, and a special upraised “E” pattern that further reduces turbulent noise.
- ARGB GeForce RTX 30 Series LED – Vibrant, customizable range of color and brightness to light up your system. A next-level sputter coating yields a smooth silver texture on the panel with low-level LED lighting.
- Asymmetry Fan Arrangement and Design – Asymmetry fan layout to allow the airflow to cover nearly the entire heatsink increasing airflow for better heat dissipation.
Built for EVGA Precision X1
The EVGA Precision X1 is the next generation overclocking software to maximize and control your EVGA graphics card. With the new EVGA Precision for Game Bar widget; you can get instant access to monitoring and overclocking built right into Windows Game Bar. Want to overclock and monitor without even exiting your game? It’s all here.
Pricing and Availability
The GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards are expected to become available on September 17, 2020. Meanwhile, the GeForce RTX 3090 will become available starting on the 24th. As for the RTX 3070, is expected to be released sometime in October; more or less in the first half of October.
EVGA company has not revealed or announced the prices of their cards yet. However, NVIDIA’s RTX 3090 comes with an MSRP of $1,499, the RTX 3080 starts at $699, and the RTX 3070 at $499.
Based on previous releases, the XC3 will be the more affordable variant, while the FTW3 will be priced higher. The Hybrid and Hydro Copper variants are expected to be pricier due to its cooling solution. Meanwhile, the KINGPIN edition will certainly command a price premium. It is, after all, targeted towards a very specific consumer in the market – the extreme overclockers.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Features
Below are the “cutting-edge” technologies that the new RTX 30 Series GPUs and NVIDIA Ampere architecture have to offer:
- New streaming multiprocessors: The building block for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPU, delivering 2x the FP32 throughput of the previous generation, and 30 Shader-TFLOPS of processing power.
- Second-gen RT Cores: New dedicated RT Cores deliver 2x the throughput of the previous generation, plus concurrent ray tracing and shading and compute, with 58 RT-TFLOPS of processing power.
- Third-gen Tensor Cores: New dedicated Tensor Cores, with up to 2x the throughput of the previous generation, making it faster and more efficient to run AI-powered technologies, like NVIDIA DLSS, and 238 Tensor-TFLOPS of processing power.
- NVIDIA RTX IO: Enables rapid GPU-based loading and game asset decompression, accelerating input/output performance by up to 100x compared with hard drives and traditional storage APIs. In conjunction with Microsoft’s new DirectStorage for Windows API,(1) RTX IO offloads dozens of CPU cores’ worth of work to the RTX GPU, improving frame rates and enabling near-instantaneous game loading.
- NVIDIA Broadcast for AI-powered Video and Voice: Turn any room into a home studio with AI-taking your livestreams and video chats to the next level with AI-powered audio and video effects like noise removal, virtual background, and webcam auto frame.
- World’s fastest graphics memory: NVIDIA has worked with Micron to create the world’s fastest discrete graphics memory for the RTX 30 Series, GDDR6X.(2) It provides data speeds of close to 1TB/s system memory bandwidth for graphics card applications, maximizing game and app performance.
- Next-gen process technology: New 8N NVIDIA custom process from Samsung, which allows for higher transistor density and more efficiency.
EVGA hasn’t disclosed the specific specifications of their graphics cards yet. So below are the specifications of NVIDIA’s Founders Edition for reference. More or less the changes that we would see on EVGA’s graphics cards lie on the GPU clock speeds and memory clock speeds.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Specifications
|RTX 3090||RTX 3080||RTX 3070||RTX 2080 Ti||RTX 2080|
|Fab Process||8nm Samsung||8nm Samsung||8nm Samsung||12nm TSMC||12nm TSMC|
|Base Clock||1400 MHz||1440 MHz||1500 MHz||1350 MHz||1515 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1700 MHz||1710 MHz||1730 MHz||1545 MHZ |
1635 MHz (FE)
1800 MHz (FE)
|Memory Clock||19.5 Gbps||19 Gbps||16 Gbps||14 Gbps||14 Gbps|
|Memory Bandwidth||936.2 GB/s||760.3 GB/s||448.0 GB/s||616 GB/s||448 GB/s|
|Max. GPU Temp.||93°||93°||93°||89°||88°|
|Power Connectors||2x 8-pin||2x 8-pin||8-pin||8+8 pin||6+8 pin|
|Graphics Card Power||350W||320W||220W||260W (FE)||225W (FE)|
|Price||$1,499||$699||$499||$999 (reference) |
What do you think of the EVGA RTX 30 series graphics cards? I’m positive that the EVGA RTX 30 series FTW3 graphics card will be the more popular choice for the many.