Fractal Design Kelvin Series (T12, S24, S36) AIO Water Cooling System Unleashed – See Features, Specs and Prices
Fractal Design has recently announced the Kelvin Series AIO Water Cooling System. The series includes three different sizes, the Kelvin T12 (120mm radiator), Kelvin S24 (240mm rad) and S36 (360mm rad). These new all-in-one water coolers where first spotted just recently on Computex 2014. Check out their features and prices below.
Fractal Design Kelvin T12, S24, S36
Simple to install, silent operation, powerful performance and easy expandability define the Kelvin Series. The silent high-performance ceramic pump is strong enough to support considerable expansion, should you decide to include GPU blocks and/or additional radiators in the same loop.
The Kelvin Series water cooling systems are constructed from enthusiast class components. Both the CPU block and the radiator are made from pure copper, for maximum performance and an increased product life span with zero maintenance required.
All modern CPU sockets are supported by the versatile, easy-to-use mounting kit.
Key Features Kelvin T12, S24, S36
- The strong pump and the full-copper construction places the Kelvin Series water cooling system ahead of the pack in cooling performance.
- Highly Expandable system. Just open it up to get the full benefits of custom water cooling, with the ability to add any parts you want to the loop.
- High pressure pump provides impressive water flow rates even when an additional CPU or GPU water block or an additional radiator has been added to the loop.
- All parts have fully standard G 1/4″ thread fittings for compatibility with the vast majority of enthusiast water cooling products.
- The tubes are fastened with two-part brass compression fittings, providing a secure seal while being easy to open and re-seal with a standard wrench.
- Easy refilling with dedicated fill port
- Made with enthusiast-grade components in cooperation with Alphacool
- Available with a triple fan radiator, a 30 mm thick 360, providing a much larger area than nearly all other pre-filled water cooling units
- Also available in the two most common formats: thin 240 mm and thick 120 mm
- Long lifetime.
- To avoid Galvanic corrosion of the water cooling loop, the Kelvin Series water cooling system is constructed with pure copper in both the radiator and the water block, along with brass fittings.
- To avoid the common issue of most pre-filled water cooling units (that tend to lose, over time, performance due to water loss in the tubes), Fractal Design equipped the Kelvin series with a fill dedicated port
Price and Availability
The Fractal Design Kelvin series seems to have an affordable pricing. The Kelvin T12 has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $99.99 USD / €74.99 EURO / £89.99 GBP / 799 SEK. While the Kelvin S24 is $119.99 USD / €85.99 EURO / £104.99 GBP / 999 SEK. And finally (I think this would be the most popular one), the Kelvin S36 is priced at $139.99 USD / €99.99 EURO / £119.99 GBP / 1149 SEK.
FD hasn’t announced when these new AIO water coolers would hit shelves, but it won’t be long now, probably a few days or a couple of weeks from now. I’ll update this post once the product becomes available and hopefully we could do a review of this as well.
UPDATE: It seems that the Kelvin won’t be available until end of August or September. The company is currently mass producing the said cooler.