Kingston has recently released their latest USB3.0 thumb drive with USB OTG support – the Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 or DT microDuo 3.0 drive. They also announced the company’s Class 10 UHS-I 90R/45W microSDHC/SDXC card. With the DT microDuo 3.0 users can quickly transfer and backup files, photos and videos to the computer at USB 3.0 speeds. Users can also share files between mobiles devices, like Android smartphones or tablets with OTG support, without the need for cables or WiFi connection. Check out more details above these new drives below.
Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3.0
The Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 expands the storage of Android devices up to 64GB, easily moving large files, photos, videos and music phone or tablet to PC and back. The USB 3.0 to microUSB dual interface drive can be used with any USB On-The-Go compatible device and allows users to transfer data without plugging into a computer. The new drive joins the previously released DataTraveler microDuo 2.0. A list of USB On-The-Go compatible devices can be found on www.kingston.com/otg/compatibility.
- USB OTG (On-The-Go): a standard which enables host functionality in certain phones/tablets with microUSB ports, enabling connectivity to USB devices like Kingston’s DT microDuo
- 2-in-1: microUSB and USB connectors for easy transfer of files between smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Plug-and-Play: simply connect as you would a standard USB Flash drive
- Convenient: ultra-small, pocket-sized design for easy transportability
- Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Speed: USB 3.0: 16GB — 70MB/s read, 10MB/s write; 32GB-64GB — 70MB/s read, 15MB/s write
- Dimensions: 27.63mm x 16.46mm x 8.56mm
- Operating Temperatures: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Storage Temperatures: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Warranty/support: 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Compatible with: Windows® 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Windows RT, Mac OS X v.10.6.x+, Linux v.2.6+
Kingston Class 10 UHS-I 90R/45W microSDHC/SDXC
Kingston’s Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC/SDXC is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities. The fast 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write speeds allow users to shoot full HD video, 3D video and real-time broadcasts without interruption and capture images continuously.
- Performance: UHS-I speeds – up to 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write for faster files transfer, continuous shooting and video recording
- Versatile: Class 10 performance when used in a non-UHS-I capable device
- Flexible: when combined with the SD adapter, can be used as a full-size SDHC/SDXC card
- Compatible: with microSDHC & microSDXC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices/readers; microSDXC cards are not compatible with microSDHC-enabled devices/readers
- File format: FAT32 (microSDHC 16GB–32GB); exFAT (microSDXC 64GB)
- Guaranteed: lifetime warranty, free technical support
- Capacities: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Performance: up to 90MB/s read and 45MB/s write, UHS-I Speed Class 1 (U1)
- microSDHC/SDXC Card Dimensions: 11mm x 15mm x 1mm
- SD Adapter Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage: 3.3V
The Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3.0 is available in 16GB, 32GB and 64GB capacities and is backed by a five-year warranty. The Class 10 UHS-I 90R/45W microSDHC/SDXC card has a lifetime warranty. Both products have free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.