Kingston SDCA3 Ultra High-Speed microSD UHS-1 U3 Released – Great for 4K and HD Video Capture
Kingston recently announced the microSD UHS-I Speed Class 3 90MB/s read, 80MB/s write card – Kingston SDCA3 microSD card. The SDCA3 card far exceeds the SD Association’s latest specification release, UHS-1 U3 (Ultra High-Speed Bus, Speed Class 3) rated for 30MB/s read/write. It’s durable, water and temperature-proof, shock and vibration-proof and x-ray proof. Check out the rest of its features and specifications below.
Kingston SDCA3 UHS-I Speed Class 3 microSD
The 90-80MB/s read-write speeds of the Kingston SDCA3 allow sports/adventure enthusiasts and users alike to capture cinema-quality Full HD (1080p), Ultra HD (2160p), 3D and 4K2K videos on high performance small form factor devices such as smartphones and cameras used by adventure and thrill seekers. Additionally, video playback at all resolutions up to 4K2K can be played without stutter or interruption. Fast speeds also translate to faster file uploads for computer editing, especially when using USB 3.0 card readers such as the Kingston® MobileLite G4 or USB 3.0 Media Reader.
With the emergence of tough and rugged performance cameras, users can rely on the Kingston SDCA3 card for its durability and reliability. It is the perfect companion card when capturing a downhill ski run, surfboarding and hang-gliding as the card is water-, shock/vibration-, X-ray- and temperature-proof.
According to Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston: “The growing adoption of high performance cameras and Android™-based mobile devices has prompted Kingston to provide fast microSD cards to maximize device performance,” “We are confident that our new 90-80MB/s microSD card is built for extreme conditions and users will be able to capture all the memories they want on the card.”
Kingston SDCA3 is available as a stand-alone card or with an SD card adapter in 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB capacities. Kingston recommends its latest readers for best card transfer speeds to and from a computer. The SDCA3 is backed by a lifetime warranty, free technical support, and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston SDCA3 SDHC/SDXC UHS-I U3 Flash Card Features & Specifications:
- Fast/Performance: UHS-I Speed Class 3: up to 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write for continuous shooting, video recording and fast file transfer
- Resistant: waterproof1, shock proof2, X-ray proof3 and temperature proof4 to perform even in harsh environments
- Compliant: with the SD Association specifications
- Compatible: with microSDHC & microSDXC host devices; not compatible with standard microSD-enabled devices/readers; microSDXC cards are not compatible with microSDHC-enabled devices/readers
- Flexible/Multi-functional: when combined with the SD adapter, can be used as a full-size SDHC/SDXC card to fit in DSL-R or DSL-M cameras, 4K camcorders and other devices
- Guaranteed: lifetime warranty†, free technical support
- Capacities5: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Performance6: 90MB/s read and 80MB/s write, UHS-I Speed Class 3 (U3)
- microSDHC/SDXC Card Dimensions: 11mm x 15mm x 1mm
- SD Adapter Dimensions: 24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 85°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Voltage: 3.3V
Price and Availability
As of today, Kingston hasn’t disclosed any information regarding its manufacturer’s suggested retail price or its exact release date. But it’s expected that the Kingston SDCA3 USH-I U3 microSD will become available this Q1 of 2015.