Only a week from now and we will start seeing reviews for RTX 3080 graphics card. That’s also the time when we can buy an RTX 3080 graphics card from NVIDIA and various retail stores. And as expected, someone (TecLab) in the Asian region leaked RTX 3080 benchmarks ahead of the embargo date. Check them below.
UPDATE: GeForce RTX 3080 Graphics Cards available on Newegg.com here, B&H Photo here
Alleged GeForce RTX 3080 Benchmarks Leaked
The “benchmarks” were leaked via a video, which you can watch below. I have already set the video to play where the “benchmarks” will show up. This isn’t a “full review” or proper benchmarks, so it’s a bit unorganized.
It looks like the system used is powered by an Intel Core i9-10900K, with 32GB DDR4-4133 memory, and the GPU driver used is GeForce 456.16.
Below is a summary of the leaked RTX 3080 benchmark results from the video above:
- 3DMark Fire Strike Performance = 31919, that is +25% 2080Ti, or +43% 2080S.
- 3DMark Fire Strike Extreme = 20101, that is +24% 2080Ti, or +45% 2080S.
- 3DMark Fire Strike Ultra = 11049, that is +36% 2080Ti, or +64% 2080S.
- 3DMark Fire Strike Time Spy = 17428, that is +28% 2080Ti, or +49% 2080S.
- 3DMark Fire Strike Time Spy Extreme = 8548, that is +38% 2080Ti, or +59% 2080S.
- 3DMark Fire Strike Port Royal = 11455, that is +45% 2080Ti, or +64% 2080S.
GeForce RTX 3080 3D Mark Benchmarks Leaked
Another 3D Mark synthetic benchmark results graph was also posted on Twitter by @harukaze5719.
What do you think of these leaked RTX 3080 benchmark results? Are they believable? For now, let’s just take it with a grain of salt. Official reviews will go live on the 17th. It’s just around the corner.
GeForce RTX 30 Series Pricing and Availability
The GeForce RTX 3080 graphics cards are expected to become available on September 17, 2020. Meanwhile, the GeForce RTX 3090 will become available starting on the 24th. As for the GeForce RTX 3070, is expected to be released sometime in October; more or less in the first half of October.
NVIDIA’s RTX 3090 comes with an MSRP of $1,499, the RTX 3080 starts at $699, and the RTX 3070 at $499. Expect that custom RTX 30 series graphics cards from AIB partners will be priced higher than NVIDIA’s Founder Edition cards.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Features
Below are the “cutting-edge” technologies that the new RTX 30 Series GPUs and NVIDIA Ampere architecture have to offer:
- New streaming multiprocessors: The building block for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPU, delivering 2x the FP32 throughput of the previous generation, and 30 Shader-TFLOPS of processing power.
- Second-gen RT Cores: New dedicated RT Cores deliver 2x the throughput of the previous generation, plus concurrent ray tracing and shading and compute, with 58 RT-TFLOPS of processing power.
- Third-gen Tensor Cores: New dedicated Tensor Cores, with up to 2x the throughput of the previous generation, making it faster and more efficient to run AI-powered technologies, like NVIDIA DLSS, and 238 Tensor-TFLOPS of processing power.
- NVIDIA RTX IO: Enables rapid GPU-based loading and game asset decompression, accelerating input/output performance by up to 100x compared with hard drives and traditional storage APIs. In conjunction with Microsoft’s new DirectStorage for Windows API,(1) RTX IO offloads dozens of CPU cores’ worth of work to the RTX GPU, improving frame rates and enabling near-instantaneous game loading.
- NVIDIA Broadcast for AI-powered Video and Voice: Turn any room into a home studio with AI-taking your livestreams and video chats to the next level with AI-powered audio and video effects like noise removal, virtual background, and webcam auto frame.
- World’s fastest graphics memory: NVIDIA has worked with Micron to create the world’s fastest discrete graphics memory for the RTX 30 Series, GDDR6X.(2) It provides data speeds of close to 1TB/s system memory bandwidth for graphics card applications, maximizing game and app performance.
- Next-gen process technology: New 8N NVIDIA custom process from Samsung, which allows for higher transistor density and more efficiency.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Specifications
|RTX 3090||RTX 3080||RTX 3070||RTX 2080 Ti||RTX 2080|
|Fab Process||8nm Samsung||8nm Samsung||8nm Samsung||12nm TSMC||12nm TSMC|
|Base Clock||1400 MHz||1440 MHz||1500 MHz||1350 MHz||1515 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1700 MHz||1710 MHz||1730 MHz||1545 MHZ |
1635 MHz (FE)
1800 MHz (FE)
|Memory Clock||19.5 Gbps||19 Gbps||16 Gbps||14 Gbps||14 Gbps|
|Memory Bandwidth||936.2 GB/s||760.3 GB/s||448.0 GB/s||616 GB/s||448 GB/s|
|Max. GPU Temp.||93°||93°||93°||89°||88°|
|Power Connectors||2x 8-pin||2x 8-pin||8-pin||8+8 pin||6+8 pin|
|Graphics Card Power||350W||320W||220W||260W (FE)||225W (FE)|
|Price||$1,499||$699||$499||$999 (reference) |