MSI has finally released their latest flagship motherboard based on AMD’s X370 chipset with socket AM4, designed for the latest AMD Ryzen Series processors – the MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK. We have seen this motherboard showcased last Computex 2017 and finally MSI is releasing it to the market. Some of the few highlighted features of this motherboard are: dual band WiFi connection with Bluetooth 4.1, up to 3200MHz+ (OC) memory support, dual M.2 ports with M.2 Shield Frozr, multiple connectivity options, and let’s not forget RGB lighting. These are just some of the features of the new X370 Gaming M7 ACK. Check out more of its features and specs from the official news below.
MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK Motherboard Features
MSI is proud to announce the on-shelf availability of its latest high-end AM4 motherboard – the MSI X370 GAMING M7 ACK. To satisfy even the most demanding gamers who are looking for the best performance and style, the new AM4 Enthusiast GAMING flagship, X370 GAMING M7 ACK, is in stores now and ready to cater to any type of gamer, PC enthusiast, or case modder. The X370 GAMING M7 ACK is also world’s first AM4 motherboard to feature Killer DoubleShot PRO, combining Killer Ethernet with Killer WIFI AC.
The X370 GAMING M7 ACK is a prime example of why MSI leads the gaming industry in both innovation and performance. Gamers know and trust MSI because MSI always delivers the hardware they need to stay on top of their games. Providing the best networking experience is critical and by including the Killer Ethernet E2500 and Killer Wireless 1535 on the X370 GAMING M7 ACK motherboard, MSI ensures that their customers will have the best possible online gaming experience.
Killer DoubleShot Pro
Killer DoubleShot Pro provides unprecedented speed, intelligence, and control for systems that have both Killer Wireless-AC and Killer Ethernet. DoubleShot Pro automatically picks the fastest network connection (Ethernet or Wireless) and sends all high priority traffic over that interface. All standard traffic is then sent over the other interface. This ensures the highest priority traffic will always be put on the fastest and most reliable link. Killer technology will automatically identify latency sensitive gaming and voice traffic and send it over the fastest interface.
Killer DoubleShot Pro allows the use of both the Killer Wireless and Killer Ethernet interfaces at the same time. This will provide more usable bandwidth to the end user. Killer Ethernet is capable of handling 1Gbps of traffic and the Killer Wireless-AC (2×2 11ac) is capable of handling 867 Mbps of traffic. Killer DoubleShot Pro allows both of these interfaces to work at the same time which will give the end user max throughput as high as 1.867Gbps.
Killer Control Center will give users direct control over both network interfaces with one easy to use application so they can customize priority and bandwidth for all network traffic. The Applications Page will show users which application traffic is going to which interface and will show how much bandwidth each app is using.
M.2 Shield Frozr
The X370 GAMING M7 ACK includes two Turbo M.2 slots for gamers to enjoy a blazing fast system boot up and insanely quick loading of games and applications when using NVMe based SSDs. M.2 Shield FROZR is also present to make sure SSDs never throttle. Being integrated with the M7’s heatsink design allows thicker materials to be used to cool SSDs. That way M.2 Shield FROZR prevents throttling of SSDs even better than ever, allowing them to continuously operate at maximum performance during long gaming sessions.
For sound, you can locate your enemies with your eyes closed using Audio Boost 4, powerd by Nahamic 2+. Being an Enthusiast GAMING motherboard also means it supports unprecedented overclocking. With a DigitALL power design, plenty of power phases and OC Engine2, the X370 GAMING M7 ACK is the perfect choice to achieve the maximum overclock for your setup. For storage and easy connectivity, Turbo U.2 with Steel Armor and front USB 3.1 gen2 type-C is available to be able to use the latest and fastest devices with more convenience.
Besides the tons of features and plenty of connectivity options the X370 GAMING M7 ACK has to offer, it also allows for unlimited customization. Use Mystic light to personalize your gaming rig by changing to 16.8 million different colors and 17 LED effect from the RGB LEDs.
MSI X370 Gaming M7 ACK Motherboard Specifications
|CPU||Supports AMD® RYZEN series processors and 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ processors for Socket AM4|
|Chipset||AMD® X370 Chipset|
|Main Memory||• 4 x DDR4 memory slots, support up to 64GB|
- Supports DDR4 1866/ 2133/ 2400/ 2667(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 3200(OC)+ Mhz *
• Dual channel memory architecture
• Supports non-ECC UDIMM memory
• Supports ECC UDIMM memory (non-ECC mode)
|Slots||• 2 x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (PCIE_2, PCIE_4)|
- RYZEN series processors support x16/x0, x8/x8 mode
- 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ processors support x8/x0 mode
• 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slot (PCIE_6, supports x4 mode)
• 3 x PCIe 2.0 x1 slots
|Multi-GPU||• RYZEN series processor|
- Supports 2-Way NVIDIA® SLI™ Technology
- Supports 3-Way AMD® CrossFire™ Technology
• 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ processor
- Supports 2-Way AMD® CrossFire™ Technology
|Storage||• AMD® X370 Chipset|
• 6 x SATA 6Gb/s ports*
• 2 x M.2 ports (Key M)
- M2_1 slot supports PCIe 3.0 x4 (RYZEN series processor) or PCIe 3.0 x2 (7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ processors) and SATA 6Gb/s 2242/ 2260 /2280/ 22110 storage devices
- M2_2 slot supports PCIe 2.0 x4 and SATA 6Gb/s 2242/ 2260 /2280 storage devices
• 1 x U.2 port
- Supports PCIe 3.0 x4 (RYZEN series processor) or PCIe 3.0 x2 (7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ processors) NVMe storage
* Maximum support 2x M.2 PCIe SSDs + 6x SATA HDDs or 2x M.2 SATA SSDs + 4x SATA HDDs.
|RAID||• AMD® X370 Chipset|
• Supports RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10 for SATA storage devices
|USB||• ASMedia® ASM2142 Chipset|
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) Type-C port on the back panel
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) Type-A port on the back panel
• AMD® X370 Chipset
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) Type-C port through the internal USB connector
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) ports available through the internal USB connectors
- 7 x USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) ports (3 Type-A ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
• AMD® CPU
- 4 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) Type-A ports on the back panel
|Audio||• Realtek® ALC1220 Codec|
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output
|Wirsless LAN & Bluetooth||• Killer™ Wireless-AC 1535 module|
- Supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual band (2.4GHz, 5GHz) up to 867 Mbps speed.
- Supports Bluetooth® 4.1
|LAN||1 x Killer™ E2500 Gigabit LAN controller|
|Internal I/O Connectors||- 1 x 24-pin ATX 12V power connector|
- 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 2 x USB 2.0 connectors (support additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 connectors (support additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 connector (supports additional 1 USB 3.1 Gen2 Type C port)
- 1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector
- 1 x 4-pin PUMP fan connector (supports up to 2A)
- 4 x 4-pin system fan connectors
- 1 x RGB LED connector
- 1 x TPM module connector
- 1 x Front panel audio connector
- 2 x System panel connectors
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
- 1 x Serial port connector
- 1 x Flash BIOS button
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper
- 1 x 2-Digit Debug Code LED
|Back Panel I/O Ports||- 1 x PS/2 keyboard/ mouse combo port|
- 1 x Clear CMOS button
- 3 x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
- 1 x LAN (RJ45) port
- 6 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-A ports
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A port
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port
- 5 x OFC audio jacks
- 1 x Optical S/PDIF OUT connector
|Dimension||• 12 in. x 9.6 in. (30.4 cm x 24.3 cm)|
• ATX Form Factor