NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Graphics Card Unleashed – Features, Specs, Price and Availability
NVIDIA finally revealed and released the new GeForce RTX 20 series graphics cards. At the top of the GeForce RTX family is the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti graphics card – featuring NVIDIA’s Turing architecture with 4352 CUDA cores, 11GB of GDDR6 memory, 10 Giga Rays per second of computation power and 78T RTX OPS. It has 13.4 TFLOPS of compute power and according to NVIDIA CEO Jensen, this graphics card has the real-time Ray Tracing computation power that is equivalent to 10 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Pascal GPU. After all, the new GeForce RTX 20 series graphics card is all about Real-Time Ray Tracing that would bring a more immersive gaming experience. Sounds like a really amazing graphics card isn’t it? Well, it does sound great when it comes to real-time Ray tracing, and it took NVIDIA 10 years of research and development. The GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition is now available for (pre) order, even the non-reference or custom-designed GeForce RTX 2080 Ti from AIB partners are available to pre-order as well. More details below.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti – Graphics Reinvented
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Founders Edition) is the flagship graphics card of this RTX 20 series. I’m quite surprised to see that NVIDIA already released a “Ti” version of their xx80 series. Usually, we’ll have to wait for around 6 months or so for the Ti (Titanium) version.
This new RTX 20 series will allow gamers to play games that features real-time Ray Tracing “smoothly”. Previously, real-time Ray Tracing simply cannot be done as it would take an enormous amount of computation power. 10 GeForce GTX 1080 Ti is equivalent to 1 GeForce RTX 2080 Ti in real-time Ray Tracing performance. With Ray Tracing, gamers will see better and realistic lighting, shadows and reflections. You can watch the three videos below to see Ray Tracing in action. There are already several games that comes with Ray Tracing: Battlefield V, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Metro Exodus and more to come. Check out the videos below.
NVIDIA CEO Jensen’s presentation was focused on real-time Ray Tracing and AI. The new hybrid graphics capability is considered to be the biggest generational leap in gaming GPUs. Turing is said to deliver 6x more performance than Pascal and can deliver 4K HDR at 60 frames per second on even the most advanced titles according to NVIDIA.
I don’t doubt that the new RTX 20 series graphics card is far better and superior compared to their Pascal predecessors when it comes to real-time Ray Tracing. Unfortunately, we didn’t see any performance benchmarks to see how fast (overall and not just in real-time Ray tracing alone) these new RTX graphics cards are. When Jensen introduced the GTX 10 series years ago, he was boasting about the huge performance improvement that the Pascal graphics cards offer from their Maxwell predecessors. But now, we don’t know how fast these new Turing GPUs are compared to their Pascal predecessors. We’ll have to wait for reviews. More features and specifications of the new RTX 20 series and Founders Edition below.
GeForce RTX 20 Series Features:
- New RT Cores to enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
- Turing Tensor Cores to perform lightning-fast deep neural network processing.
- New NGX neural graphics framework integrates AI into the overall graphics pipeline, enabling AI algorithms to perform amazing image enhancement and generation.
- New Turing shader architecture with Variable Rate Shading allows shaders to focus processing power on areas of rich detail, boosting overall performance.
- New memory system featuring ultra-fast GDDR6 with over 600GB/s of memory bandwidth for high-speed, high-resolution gaming.
- NVIDIA NVLink®, a high-speed interconnect that provides higher bandwidth (up to 100 GB/s) and improved scalability for multi-GPU configurations (SLI).
- Hardware support for USB Type-C™ and VirtualLink™, a new open industry standard being developed to meet the power, display and bandwidth demands of next-generation VR headsets through a single USB-C™ connector.
- New and enhanced technologies to improve performance of VR applications, including Variable Rate Shading, Multi-View Rendering and VRWorks Audio.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX Founders Edition Features
- NVIDIA is releasing special Founders Edition versions of the new GeForce RTX GPUs. Designed and built to the company’s high standards, the GPUs’ key features include:
- Factory-overclocked design out of the box, with a next-gen 13-phase iMON DrMOS power supply and sub-millisecond power management for maximum overclocking.
- Dual 13-blade axial fans produce 3x higher airflow and ultra-quiet acoustics.
- Forged and machine-finished diecast aluminum cover with diamond-cut edge detailing provides a rigid, lightweight frame for an open design with beautifully smooth, continuous curves.
- First full-card vapor chamber, which is 2x larger to maximize heat spreading and heat transfer to the finstack.
- Enhanced DisplayPort 1.4a with DSC allows a single connector to drive an 8K monitor at 60Hz.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series Specifications vs GTX 10 Series
|Specifications||RTX 2080 Ti||RTX 2080||RTX 2070||GTX 1080 Ti||GTX 1080||GTX 1070|
|Architecture||Turing - TU102||Turing - TU104||Turing - TU104||Pascal - GP102||Pascal - GP104||Pascal - GP104|
|Process||12nm FNN||12nm FNN||12nm FNN||16nm||16nm||16nm|
|Giga Rays||10 GR/s||8 GR/s||6 GR/s||1.21 GR/s||less than 1GR/s||less than 1GR/s|
|Compute||13.4 TFLOPS||10.1 TFLOPS||7.5 TFLOPS||11.3 TFLOPS||8.8 TFLOPS||6.5 TFLOPS|
|Base Clock||1350 MHz||1515 MHz||1410 MHz||1480 MHz||1607 MHz||1506 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1635 MHz (OC) FE|
|1800 MHz (OC) FE|
|1710 MHz (OC) FE|
|1582 MHz||1733 MHz||1683 MHz|
|Memory Speed||14 Gbps||14 Gbps||14 Gbps||11 Gbps||10 Gbps||8 Gbps|
|Memory Bandwidth||616 GB/s||448 GB/s||448 GB/s||484 Gb/s||320 GB/s||256 GB/s|
|Max. GPU Temp||89||88||89||91||94||94|
|Power Connectors||8+8 pin||8+8 pin||8 pin||6+8 pin||8 pin||8 pin|
|Graphics Card Power||260W FE |
|Price (At Launch)||$1,199 FE|
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Pricing and Availability
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is now available to (pre) order and comes with a suggested retail price starting at $999. The GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Founders Edition comes with a much higher price tag at $1,199. You do get the exclusive features of the Founders Edition listed above.
Also, check out the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition.