Philips 272G5DYEB 27-Inch Gaming Monitor with NVIDIA G-Sync Now Available
Philips has officially released and made available their first gaming monitor built with NVIDIA G-Sync technology that can virtually eliminate screen tearing and stuttering, the Philips 272G5DYEB. The Philips 272G5DYEB is a 27-inch gaming monitor that, aside from having G-Sync, features a fast 144hz refresh rate and 1ms response time. It’s a full HD 1920×1080 monitor, but I seriously wish they could have made the resolution higher than that. It features NVIDIA Ultra Low Motion Blur, NVIDIA 3D Vision, SmartErgoBase, DisplayPort connectivity and USB 3.0 port. Check out the rest of its features, specifications, price and where you can buy one below.
What is NVIDIA G-Sync?
If you are not familiar with the technology yet, NVIDIA G-SYNC is basically a “ground-breaking” new display technology that delivers the smoothest and fastest gaming experience ever. G-SYNC™’s revolutionary performance is achieved by synchronizing display refresh rates to the GPU in your GeForce GTX-powered PC, eliminating screen tearing and minimizing display stutter and input lag. The result: scenes appear instantly, objects look sharper and gameplay is super-smooth, giving you a stunning visual experience and a serious competitive edge.
Philips 272G5DYEB Gaming Monitor Features
NVIDIA G-SYNC – groundbreaking display technology
One drawback of gaming with a standard monitor, at least for serious gamers, is the lower refresh rate, which can make objects appear to jump suddenly from one spot to another on the display. The NVIDIA G-SYNC chipset is designed for gamers who are looking for a display that can game just as hard and fast as they can. The Philips 272G5DYEB NVIDIA G-SYNC monitor, with its advanced graphics support, is more than a match for the sharp, fast responses of experienced gamers. It redraws the screen image up to 144 times per second, making objects less likely to jump around and easier to target accurately.
The revolutionary performance of G-SYNC in the Philips 272G5DYEB is achieved by synchronizing the display refresh rates to the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) of the computer’s graphics card, essentially giving the GPU control over the timing of display updates. The monitor refresh rate constantly adapts to the frame rate which is communicated by the GPU. This eliminates the screen tearing and stuttering that detract from a truly immersive gaming experience. It also significantly reduces input lag. As a result, scenes appear instantly, objects are rendered with dazzling sharpness and clarity, and gameplay becomes super smooth throughout. In short, it gives serious gamers a seriously competitive edge.
The Philips 272G5DYEB comes with a spacious 27-inch screen, a response time of 1ms GTG and Full HD support, gamers can also expect dazzling viewing from the new display, with sharp, brilliant colors and superior image reproduction.
Connectivity with blazing speed
With such a powerful and responsive kit as the Philips 272G5DYEB display with NVIDIA G-SYNC, the connection between PC and display has to measure up. The new gaming display ensures that the PC connection will never be a performance choke point. With excellent performance and zero latency, DisplayPort technology offers gamers the high-speed imaging and refresh rates to match the singular performance of the G-SYNC display. It delivers better performance than the DVI standard, supporting cables of up to 15 meters in length and data transfer rates of 21.6 Gbps. The USB 3.0 ports ensure users benefit from fast USB transfer – around 10 times speedier than the USB 2.0 standard. These connectivity choices make the new Philips display a superb choice not only for gaming and movies, but also for general office and home use.
Philips 272G5DYEB Specifications
- LCD panel type: TFT-LCD (TN)
- Backlight type: W-LED system
- Panel Size: 27 inch/68.6 cm
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Optimum resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 144 Hz (DP)
- Response time (typical): 5 ms
- SmartResponse: 1 ms (Grey to Grey)*
- Brightness: 300 cd/m²
- Contrast ratio (typical): 1000:1
- Pixel pitch: 0.311 x 0.311 mm
- Viewing angle: 170º (H)/160º (V), @ C/R > 10
- Display colours: 16.7 M
- Effective viewing area: 597.6 (H) x 336.15 (V) mm
- Scanning Frequency: 30 – 160 kHz (H) / 30 – 150 Hz (V)
- Signal Input: DisplayPort 1.2, USB 3.0 x 4 with 1 x fast charger
- User convenience: True Point / Back, True Point Menu / Down, ULMB / Up, Menu/OK, Power On/Off
- OSD Languages: Brazil Portuguese, Czech, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Other convenience: Kensington lock, VESA mount (100 x 100 mm)
- Plug and Play Compatibility: DDC/CI, sRGB, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Height adjustment: 150 mm
- Pivot: 90 degree
- Swivel: -65/65 degree
- Tilt: -5/+20 degree
- On mode: 27.5 W (typ.) (EnergyStar 6.0 test method)
- Standby mode: 0.5 W (typ.)
- Off mode: 0.5 W (typ.)
- Power LED indicator: Operation – White, Standby mode – White (flashing)
- Power supply: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Product with stand (max height): 639 x 580 x 242 mm
- Product without stand (mm): 639 x 405 x 64 mm
- Packaging in mm (W x H x D): 750 x 234 x 490 mm
- Product with stand (kg): 7.80 kg
- Product without stand (kg): 5.00 kg
- Product with packaging (kg): 11.30 kg
- Temperature range (operation): 0°C to 40°C °C
- Temperature range (storage): -20°C to 60°C °C
- Relative humidity: 20–80% %
- Altitude: Operation: +12,000 ft (3658 m), Non-operation: +40,000 ft (12,192 m)
- MTBF: 30,000 hour(s)
- Environmental and energy: EnergyStar 6.0, EPEAT Silver, RoHS, Lead-free, Mercury Free
- Recyclable packaging material: 100 %
Compliance and standards
- Regulatory Approvals: BSMI, CE Mark, FCC Class B, GOST, PSB, SASO, SEMKO, TCO 6.0, TUV Ergo, TUV/GS, cETLus, WEEE
- Colour: Black
- Finish: Texture
- NVidia 3D Vision Kit required: Not included in the box
Price and Where to Buy
The Philips 272G5DYEB 27-Inch Gaming Monitor with G-Sync will start shipping on October 25, 2014 in the US but you can order one now. Currently, it has a retail price of $599.99 when I posted this article.
If the Philips 272G5DYEB is way out of your budget but you still need a decent gaming monitor, the company has also the Philips 242G5DJEB. It’s a 24-inch gaming monitor at 1920×1080 resolution, also with 144hz refresh rate and 1ms response time, but with not G-Sync technology. The Philips 242G5D is currently priced at only $279.99 at the time of posting this article.