QNAP® Systems, Inc. have partnered with Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD®), and announced the release of the high-performance 10GbE-ready QNAP TVS-863+ and 4/6/8-bay TVS-x63 Turbo vNAS series, with an AMD Embedded G-Series quad-core 2.4GHz processor and a RAM module expandable to 16GB. With highly-efficient hardware encryption, SSD cache acceleration, and advanced AMD Radeon™ graphics, the TVS-x63+ series provides an affordable 10GbE unified storage solution to safeguard all stored contents and to process intensive tasks and high-quality multimedia files. Check out the rest of its features and specifications from the official press release below. I’ve also added a video from CES 2015 where QNAP showcased their new TVS-x63+ Turbo vNAS.
QNAP TVS-863+ Golden Cloud Turbo vNAS
- 10GbE-ready, highly-efficient storage solution for HD video editing and sharing
- Enhanced data security with a high-performance hardware-accelerated encryption engine with AES 256-bit full NAS volume encryption and anti-virus
- Use the TVS-863+ as a PC with exclusive QvPC Technology and 4K display support
- Run multiple Windows/Linux/Android-based virtual machines with the Virtualization Station
- Manage, share, and back up business data with Real-time Remote Replication (RTRR)
- NAS and iSCSI-SAN unified storage solution for server virtualization
- Supports VMware®, Citrix®, and Microsoft® Hyper-V and advanced virtualization features
- Transcode Full HD videos on-the-fly or offline with QNAP’s unique transcoding technology and hardware transcoding engine
- Expand the total raw storage capacity up to 192TB with the economical UX-800P QNAP expansion enclosures
According to Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Embedded Solutions: “QNAP is renowned for providing comprehensive cutting-edge NAS solutions with high-quality features for users, and we feel very honored to cooperate with QNAP to release the new TVS-x63+ series NAS, powered by AMD embedded solutions,” “The AMD Embedded G-Series SoC provides high performance while being energy efficient and meets the requirements of a NAS designed to deliver 24/7 continuous and reliable services.”
Powered by an energy-efficient 64-bit AMD quad-core 2.4 GHz processor with 8GB/4GB fast DDR3L-1600 RAM (upgradable to 16GB), coupled with the support of SATA 6Gb/s, 2 Gigabit LAN ports and 10GbE capability (the TVS-863+ has built in 10GbE), the TVS-x63+ series delivers remarkable performance for multi-tasking business applications. The hardware encryption engine provides unmatched performance in its class with AES-256 bit full NAS volume encryption, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of confidential and sensitive data.
“The TVS-x63+ series is solidly built with a state-of-the-art design and topped off with a stylish gold finish for added distinction. The Turbo vNAS with AMD quad-core processor performs outstandingly in file transfer efficiency, business and multimedia applications, and more, while brining 10GbE capabilities for budget-conscious organizations and professionals,” said Y.T. Lee, vice president of QNAP.
With QvPC Technology, users can use the QNAP TVS-x63+ series as a PC by plugging in a keyboard, mouse, and HDMI monitor to directly access data stored on the NAS, run multiple applications on Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Android-based VMs, surf the web with multilingual keyboard input, watch 1080p videos with up to 7.1 channel audio with XBMC, and much more.
The QNAP TVS-863+ and the rest of the TVS-x63+ series also supports 4K Ultra HD output for use with QvPC Technology. Users can connect the NAS server to a 4K UHD monitor via HDMI to take advantage of 4K’s impeccable image detail for increased productivity. “With 4K Ultra HD support TVS-x63+ series models are an exceptional choice for versatile applications and working scenarios. Photographers can view sharper and clearer high-resolution images, and users can get a bigger workspace with one monitor when managing virtual machines,” added Lee.
The TVS-x63+ series leverages AMD-V virtualization technology for operating multiple VMs with the QNAP’s exclusive Virtualization Station technology. In addition, VMware®, Microsoft® and Citrix® virtualization solutions are supported to simplify virtual storage management and to facilitate virtualization applications.
The TVS-x63+ series includes more anticipated features for a better audio-visual experience, including hardware-accelerated transcoding that enables superior real-time Full HD video transcoding to convert videos to formats that can be smoothly played on PCs, mobile devices and Smart TVs; offline transcoding for keeping pre-rendered lower resolution videos to smoothly play even with limited bandwidth; dual HDMI outputs that allows users to connect to two monitors or TVs for simultaneous playback.
The scalable TVS-x63+ series allows users to connect up to two QNAP expansion enclosures (UX-800P or UX-500P) to increase the total storage capacity to 192TB (varies by models) with advanced design of multiple volumes and storage pools. The tower expansion enclosures offer SMBs budget-friendly options to expand their storage capacity to fulfill storage-intensive applications.
- TVS-863+: 8-bay tower model, 8GB RAM, one pre-installed 1-port 10GbE PCI-E NIC
- TVS-863: 8-bay tower model, 4GB RAM, PCI-E expansion slot
- TVS-663: 6-bay tower model, 4GB RAM, PCI-E expansion slot
- TVS-463: 4-bay tower model, 4GB RAM, PCI-E expansion slot
- AMD® Embedded G-Series quad-core 2.4 GHz processor, DDR3L-1600 SO-DIMM RAM (expandable to 16GB); 2.5”/3.5” SATA 6Gbps HDD/SSD, hard drives hot-swappable; 5 x USB 3.0; 2 x
- Gigabit LAN ports; 2 x HDMI (mirrored display); LCD panel.
Price and Where to Buy
All models in the new AMD-powered QNAP TVS-x63 Series are now available to order. Below are their respective retail prices and links where you can order one:
- QNAP TVS-863+ – $1,399.00 available here
- QNAP TVS-863 – $1,199.00 available here
- QNAP TVS-663 – $999.00 available here
- QNAP TVS-463 – $799.00 available here
QNAP TVS-863+ Golden Cloud Turbo vNAS Specifications
|CPU||AMD® 2.4GHz quad-core x86 processor with Radeon™ graphics|
|DRAM|| 8GB DDR3L-1600 RAM (expandable to 16GB)|
1. When installing two memory modules, please ensure that they are the same size and ideally use the same type of RAM for both memory slots.
2. For the information of RAM module installation and compatible NAS models, please refer to the QNAP RAM Module Installation Guide.
|Flash Memory||512MB DOM|
|Hard Disk Drive||8 x 3.5”or 2.5”SATA 6Gb/s, SATA 3Gb/s hard drive or SSD|
1. The system is shipped without HDD.
2. For the HDD compatibility list, please visit http://www.qnap.com/compatibility
|Hard Drive Tray||8 x Hot-swappable tray|
|LAN Port||2 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet port (Onboard:2, expandable to max 4 ports by replacing the pre-installed PCI-E NIC)|
1 x 10 Gigabit port (Preinstalled PCIe NIC)
|Network Expansion Slot||PCIe x 1|
|LCD Panel||Mono-LCD display with backlight, Enter and Select buttons for configuration|
|LED Indicators||Status, LAN, USB, HDD 1-8|
|USB||5 x USB 3.0 port (Front: 1, Rear: 4)|
Support USB printer, pen drive, and USB UPS etc.
|HDMI||2 (Mirrored Display), 1.4a|
|Buttons||Power/Status, USB One-Touch-Backup, reset|
|Alarm Buzzer||System warning|
|IR Receiver||QNAP RM-IR002 and MCE-compatible remotes|
|Dimensions||185.2(H) x 298.2(W) x 235.4(D) mm|
7.29(H) x 11.74(W) x 9.27(D) inch
|Weight||Net:7.83 kg (17.26lbs)|
Gross: 8.9 kg (19.62lbs)
|Power Consumption(W)||S3 sleep: 2.84W|
HDD standby: 48.21W
In operation: 77.60W
(with 8 x 2TB HDDs installed)
|Humidity||5~95% RH non-condensing, wet bulb: 27˚C|
|Power Supply||ATX 250W, 110-240V AC, 50-60Hz, 5A|
|Secure Design||Kensington security slot for theft prevention|
|Fan||2 x quiet cooling fan (12cm, 12V DC)|