Razer recently released the Razer DeathAdder V2 – the latest version of the company’s best-selling gaming mouse. The DeathAdder has come a long way, I could still remember many years ago the first gen DeathAdder and the Lachesis were some of the popular gaming mice back then. The DeathAdder was popular due to its ergonomic shape; now it’s built with several new features. Let’s check out below what new features the DeathAdder V2 has to offer.
Razer DeathAdder V2 Gaming Mouse Features
- Best-in-class ergonomics – for extreme comfort
- Razer optical switches – for zero unintended double-clicks
- Razer Focus+ optical sensor – with new intelligent functions
- Razer Speedflex cable – for a close-to-wireless experience
- 5 Onboard-memory profiles – access your settings anywhere, anytime
- 8 Programmable button – for extended control
- 100% PTFE mouse feet – to make faster, precise flicks
- Instinctive scroll wheel tactility – to execute bunny hops accurately with ease
The Razer DeathAdder V2 is designed specifically for medium to large hands, with its unique ergonomic shape that is perfect for palm grip users and works well with claw grip styles as well. The DeathAdder V2 retains its iconic shape since its inception in 2006 – more than a decade now. The V2 now comes with improved sweat-resistant coating and rubberized side grips.
It’s scroll wheel has been refined for distinct notched scrolling at a lower resistance, allowing users to toggle through arsenal of weapons swiftly or execute bunny hops with ease. The V2 itself weighs 82 grams, making it lightweight and sleek for the “best gaming experience”.
At the heart of the DeathAdder V2 is the Razer Focus+ Optical Sensor, boasting the highest sensor specifications in the market and further enhanced with new intelligent functions. With the new Smart Tracking, Asymmetric Cut-off and Motion Sync features, the Focus+ optical sensor makes the DeathAdder V2 an incredibly precise gaming mouse – critical when pixel-perfect aim could be the difference between winning or losing.
The DeathAdder V2 is fitted with Razer’s Optical Mouse Switches, which use infrared light beams to actuate clicks, completely eliminating the risk of any unintended double-clicks. With a faster, reliable response time on every click, the DeathAdder V2 becomes a true extension of a gamer. Ultra-fast and durable, these Optical Mouse Switches are built to last for 70 million clicks.
The Razer DeathAdder V2 also sports the highly flexible Razer Speedflex Cable. With the new, low-drag Razer Speedflex Cable covering, gamers will experience less friction and snagging along the normal pinch-points, minimizing desktop and ‘edge drag’ to make large unhindered swipes and snag free movements.
It also features 5 on-board memory profiles that can be activated from its onboard memory or custom settings via cloud storage. The 8 programmable buttons can be mapped via Razer Synapse 3. And finally, the DeathAdder V2’s mouse feet are made with the “purest, highest grade” of PTFE to allow users to make fast and precise mouse flicks.
Price and Where to Buy
The Razer DeathAdder V2 gaming mouse is now available and comes with a manufacturer suggested retail price of $69.99 USD or €79.99 EURO. Razer also offers “up to 2 years” of warranty and access to tech support. If you purchase directly from RazerStore, you can also get 14 days risk-free returns. For the latest pricing and availability, check out the links below:
Razer DeathAdder V2 available at Razer Store here, or Amazon.com here.
Razer DeathAdder V2 Specifications
- True 20,000 DPI Focus+ optical sensor
- Up to 650 inches per second (IPS) / 50 G acceleration / industry best 99.6% resolution accuracy
- Razer™ Optical Mouse Switches rated for 70 million clicks
- Improved ergonomic design with ultra-durable rubber side grips
- Large 100% PTFE mouse feet (0.8mm thick).
- Gaming-grade tactile scroll wheel
- On-The-Fly Sensitivity Adjustment (Default stages: 400/800/1600/2400/3200)
- Hybrid Cloud storage and on-board memory (4+1 profiles)
- Razer Chroma™ RGB lighting with true 16.8 million customizable color options
- Eight independently programmable Hyperesponse buttons
- Advanced Lift-off/Landing distance customization
- Razer Synapse 3 enabled
- 2.1 m / 7 ft Speedflex cable
- Approximate size: 127.0 mm / 5 in (Length) x 61.7 mm / 2.43 in (Grip Width) x 42.7 mm / 1.68 in (Height)
- Approximate weight: 82 g / 2.9 oz (Excluding cable)
- Compatible with Xbox One for basic input