Sabrent recently released a new docking station with up to 16TB of storage capacity and several I/O ports – the Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 NVMe SSD Docking Station. This docking station is said to turn your PC into a full-fledged workstation thanks to its high-speed connectivity, storage capacity, and considerable amount of power and connectivity. Sabrent’s NVMe SSD Docking Station is an ideal solution for content creators and power users. Check out more details below.
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 NVMe SSD Docking Station Now Available
Inside the Thunderbolt 3 NVMe SSD Docking Station is a 16TB SSD from Sabrent that pushes out up to 1.5GB/sec (1500MB/sec). It has several connectivity options making it almost like a better-than-NUC-style, well, NUC.
The Sabrent docking station has two Thunderbolt 3 ports with up to 40Gbps of bandwidth; two USB 3.2 Type-A ports, and a USB 3.2 Type-C port which both are capable of up to 10Gbps.
There’s also a USB 3.0 Type-A port that’s good for up to 5Gbps, and a BC12 5V@2.4A charger for smartphones, tablets, and other devices. Sabrent includes DisplayPort 1.4 connectivity, which is good for up to 8K30 and 5K30 (as well as 4K60 and other lower resolutions). Interestingly, there’s HDR, HDCP 2.2, and VESA Adaptive-Sync (FreeSync).
In addition, the Sabrent’s Docking Station includes a 1GbE ethernet port; front access 3.5mm audio output and microphone input; and an SD (UHS-II) card reader with up to 270MB/sec speeds. It has USB Power Delivery PD 3.0 and it’s capable of up to 96W of power.
Pricing and Availability
The Sabrent’s Thunderbolt 3 NVMe SSD Docking Station is now available and is available in four different models/capacities: DS-SKRT-D2TB, DS-SKRT-D4TB, DS-SKRT-D8TB, and DS-SKRT-D16TB. For the latest pricing and availability, kindly follow the link below.
#ad Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 NVMe SSD Docking Station is available on Amazon.com here
Sabrent Docking Station Specifications
- 2x Thunderbolt 3 ports with a bandwidth of up to 40Gbps.
- 2x USB 3.2 Type-A ports supporting up to 10Gbps.
- 1x USB 3.2 Type-C supporting up to 10Gbps.
- 1x USB 3.0 Type-A supporting up to 5Gbps and BC1.2 5V@2.4A charge for tablets, cell phones.
- 1x DisplayPort 1.4 for 8K @ 30Hz, 5K @ 30Hz, and lower resolutions. DisplayPort supports HDR, HDCP2.2, and VESA Adaptive Sync (FreeSync) where available.
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port.
- 1x Front access 3.5mm audio output.
- 1x Front access 3.5mm microphone input.
- 1x SD (UHS-II) card reader with transfer speeds up to 270MB/s.