Logitech recently unleashed their latest and first of its kind tunable gaming mouse – the Logitech G502 Proteus Core. The G Tunable Gaming Mouse is said to be extremely customizable, combining 12,000 DPI with advanced surface and weight tuning. Honestly this is the first gaming mouse from Logitech that caught my attention. Check out more of the G502 Proteus Core’s features and watch the demo video below.
Meet the Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse
Features in a Gist:
- Surface tuning calibration: Easily calibrate the sensor to get best tracking performance for your specific mouse pad surface
- Weight and balance tuning: Adjust the weight, center of balance and placement of weights for personalized feel and performance
- 11 programmable buttons: Set up one-button triggers to execute any command or macro at lightning speed
- On-the-fly DPI: Quickly switch through up to 5 DPI settings (200-12,000) or temporarily downshift DPI for sniping.
- Improved dual-mode hyperfast scroll wheel: Get enhanced click-to-click precision for gaming and blazing scrolling speeds for the web
The Logitech G502 Proteus Core features the Logitech G exclusive Delta Zero technology in the world’s most powerful and accurate sensor. Combining a huge DPI range of 200 all the way up to 12,000 with zero sensor acceleration, zero smoothing or filtering, and zero pixel rounding, the mouse is designed to deliver unparalleled tracking performance and responsiveness, and can track movement at 300 inches per second.
The Logitech G502 Proteus Core allows you to calibrate the sensor against a gaming surface’s unique physical and reflective characteristics, reconfiguring itself for optimal performance. This means you can achieve peak tracking speed and minimal lift-off distance on whatever gaming surface you use. So whether you prefer your mouse pads hard or soft, light or dark, you can get the best-possible tracking response.
To maximize physical feel and performance, Proteus Core lets you adjust its weight and center of balance through the placement of up to five 3.6g weights in the mouse. For complete control over your game you can use Logitech Gaming Software to reassign any command or macro to one of the 11 programmable buttons thanks to the 32-bit ARM processor controlling Proteus Core’s onboard memory.
While most gaming mice feature a monolithic key-plate that can flex and warp, the Logitech G502 Proteus Core has individual left and right keys that provide a rigid and stable platform, resulting in more precise, durable, and satisfying clicks. To further enhance feel, speed, and accuracy, we use mechanical micro-switches under every key. And our exclusive dual-mode hyper-fast scroll wheel has been improved to offer enhanced click-to-click precision and lightning-fast scrolling for the Web.
Price and Where to Buy
The Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse in now available in the US with a price tag of $79.99.