Kingston has finally caught up with its competition and recently released its latest PCIe Gen 4.0 NVMe SSD – the Kingston KC3000 Gen4 M.2 NVMe SSD. We have tested and reviewed several Gen4 NVMe SSDs already, including the ones that offer 7,000MB/s of sequential read and write speed. Kingston’s KC3000 also offers sequential read and write speeds of up to 7,000MB/s, or up to 1,000,000 IOPS of random 4K read and write speeds. The KC3000 is also powered by Phison’s E18 controller but I’m not quite sure yet what NAND flash are they using. Check out more details about the Kingston KC3000 Gen4 NMVe SSD from the official news release below.
Kingston Digital Releases Next-Gen KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced KC3000, its next generation PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD for desktop and laptop PCs. KC3000 SSD offers next-level performance using the latest Gen 4×4 NVMe controller and 3D TLC NAND ideal for power users who require the fastest speeds on the market.
By leveraging Gen4 technology, KC3000 delivers speeds up to 7,0000/7,000MB/s read/write1 of blazing-fast performance and full capacities up to 4096GB2 for optimal storage. Users can keep up with demanding workloads and experience better performance with software applications such as 3D rendering and 4K+ content creation by upgrading the systems storage.
The KC3000 is built with high-density 3D TLC NAND housed in the industry standard M.2 2280 form factor to store even more and enable users to take advantage of PCIe 4.0 speeds. With the combination of performance and endurance, KC3000 is reinforced with a low profile, graphene aluminum heat spreader to effectively disperse heat and keep your drive cool during intensive workloads.
“With the rise of data-heavy applications, consumers are demanding high performance solutions and high capacities to match,” said Keith Schimmenti, SSD Business Manager, Kingston. “By utilizing next-gen PCIe 4.0 technology with KC3000, we are able to deliver fast and reliable storage to suit the needs of a wide range of consumers in the market.”
KC3000 is currently available in 512GB, 1024GB, 2048GB and 4096GB2 capacities. It is als backed by a limited five-year warranty4 and free technical support.
KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD Features and Specifications
- PCIe 4.0 NVMe Technology: Master intensive applications with speeds up to 7,000/7,000MB/s1 read/write.
- Store more: Upgrade and manage storage with full capacities up to 4096GB2.
- Greater flexibility: Compact M.2 design fits easily into small form factor (SFF) systems, desktops and laptop PCs.
- Low profile graphene aluminum heat spreader: Exceptional thermal dissipation keeps your drive cool with maximum performance.
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCIe 4.0 NVMe
- Capacities2: 512GB, 1024GB, 2048GB, 4096GB
- Controller: Phison E18
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write1:
- 512GB – 7,000/3,900MB/s
- 1024GB – 7,000/6,000MB/s
- 2048GB – 7,000/7,000MB/s
- 4096GB – 7,000/7,000MB/s
- Random 4K Read/Write1:
- 512GB – up to 450,000/900,000 IOPS
- 1024GB – up to 900,000/1,000,000 IOPS
- 2048GB – up to 1,000,000/1,000,000 IOPS
- 4096GB – up to 1,000,000/1,000,000 IOPS
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)3:
- 512GB – 400TBW
- 1024GB – 800TBW
- 2048GB – 1.6PBW
- 4096GB – 3.2PBW
- Power Consumption:
- 512GB – 5mW Idle / 0.34W Avg / 2.7W (MAX) Read / 4.1W (MAX) Write
- 1024GB – 5mW Idle / 0.33W Avg / 2.8W (MAX) Read / 6.3W (MAX) Write
- 2048GB – 5mW Idle / 0.36W Avg / 2.8W (MAX) Read / 9.9W (MAX) Write
- 4096GB – 5mW Idle / 0.36W Avg / 2.7W (MAX) Read / 10.2W (MAX) Write
- Storage Temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C~70°C
- 512GB-1024GB – 80mm x 22mm x 2.21mm
- 2048GB-4096GB – 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- 512GB-1024GB – 7g
- 2048GB-4096GB – 9.7g
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak (20-1000Hz)
- MTBF: 1,800,000 hours
- Warranty/Support4: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support