Kingston recently released two new pocket-sized storage drives; the Kingston XS2000 Portable SSD and the DataTraveler Max USB 3.2 Gen2 Flash Drive. The XS2000 Portable SSD is a portable and compact external SSD; we have reviewed several portable SSDs before. Meanwhile, the DataTraveler Max is like a supercharged flash drive. It features USB 3.2 Gen2 connectivity, up to 1TB capacity, and can be used as PS5 extended storage. Check out more details below.
Kingston Announces Pocket-Sized XS2000 Portable SSD and “Record-Breaking” DataTraveler Max USB 3.2 Gen 2 Flash Drive
Kingston Technology announced the launch of XS2000, a pocket-sized portable SSD. It utilizes USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 speeds to deliver next-gen performance in a compact, external on-the-go drive. In addition to the XS2000, Kingston also announced the DataTraveler Max flash drive. It is a high-performance USB Type-C drive that uses the latest USB 3.2 Gen 2 standard. On top of content creation and business usage, XS2000 and DataTraveler Max can also be used as extended storage for PS5.
Kingston XS2000 Portable SSD
The Kingston XS2000 offers up to 2,000MB/s transfer speed, giving users enhanced productivity with little interruption. XS2000 offers “remarkable performance” and capacities up to 2TB to offload and edit high-res images, 8K videos, and large documents in a flash. It can also transfer up to 400 HD photos per second, or taking less than 30 seconds to transfer a 1-hour 4K video; making any location an instant studio workspace.
The drive connects with USB Type-C allowing content creators to easily store and access their files anywhere on a PC or mobile device. At nearly half the size of a typical portable SSD, XS2000 includes a removable ruggedized sleeve and IP55-rating4 to withstand water and dust, making it the perfect companion for on-location adventures whether you go from work to play to passion projects.
XS2000 Portable SSD Features and Specs
- USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Performance: Industry-leading read/write speeds up to 2,000MB/s.
- High-speed Capacities: Up to 2TB to support high-resolution images, 8K videos, and large documents.
- Built for Durability: Tested to be water-resistant, dust-resistant, and shockproof with an included rubber sleeve.
- Pocket-sized Portability: Small, lightweight form factor for easy, on-the-go storage.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 2×2
- Speed: Up to 2,000MB/s read, 2,000MB/s write
- Capacities: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
- Dimensions: 69.54 x 32.58 x 13.5mm
- Weight: 28.9g
- Casing Material: Metal + Plastic
- Operating temperature: 0°C~40°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C~85°C
- Warranty/Support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Compatible with: Windows® 10, 8.1, Mac OS (v.10.14.x +), Linux (v. 2.6.x +), Chrome OS
XS2000 Portable SSD Price and Where to Buy
The Kingston XS2000 is available in 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB capacities and comes with a manufacturer’s suggested retail prices of $99.99, $159.99, and $284.99 respectively. For the latest pricing and availability, check out the links below.
Kingston DataTraveler Max USB 3.2 Gen2 Flash Drive
Meanwhile, the Kingston DataTraveler Max (DT Max) delivers record-breaking speeds up to 1,000MB/s read and 900MB/s write. This makes it one of the fastest USB drives on the market and the first of its kind. DT Max is designed with portability and convenience in mind. The unique ridged casing protects the connector when it is not in use and is easily moved in a single motion.
It can seamlessly transfer and store large digital files such as HD photos (up to 200 HD photos per second), 4K/8K videos, music, and more with top speeds and high capacities up to 1TB. The addition of a keyring loop and LED status indicator makes the drive ideal for users who need storage on the go.
DataTraveler Max USB 3.2 Gen2 Features and Specs
- Latest USB 3.2 Gen 2 Standard: Move your files in a flash with incredible speeds up to 1,000MB/s Read, 900MB/s Write
- Uncompromised Storage: Available in a range of high capacities from 256GB-1TB to carry your digital library on-the-go
- USB-C Connectivity: Supports next-gen laptops and desktops for seamless file transfers
- Unique Design: Convenient one-handed sliding cap, LED status indicator, and functional keyring loop
- Capacities: 256GB, 512GB, 1TB
- Speed: USB 3.2 Gen 2 – Up to 1,000MB/s read, 900MB/s write
- Dimensions: 82.17 mm x 22.00 mm x 9.02 mm
- Weight: 12g
- Operating temperature: 0°C~60°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C~85°C
- Warranty/support: 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Compatible with: Windows® 10, 8.1, Mac OS (v. 10.14.x +), Linux (v. 2.6.x +), Chrome OS