We already know that NVIDIA will release the GeForce RTX 3070 sometime in October. What was not clear is when exactly in October. Just after AMD announced the dates when they will reveal Zen 3 CPU and RDNA 2 GPU; NVIDIA just revealed the GeForce RTX 3070 release date. The RTX 3070 is an interesting card since NVIDIA claims it is “faster than” the previous flagship RTX 2080 Ti; at a much lower price. Check out more details below.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Release Date on October 15th
An NVIDIA staff recently posted an update on NVIDIA’s forum. The update informs the public that the review embargo for the RTX 3080 will lift on September 16th at 6 a.m. Pacific time. Interestingly, a second update was included that reveals the RTX 3070 release date.
“We’re excited to announce that the GeForce RTX 3070 will be available on October 15th at 6 a.m. Pacific Time.”
The GeForce RTX 3070 features 5888 CUDA cores with a boost clock speed of 1.73GHz. It has 8GB of GDDR6 memory with a 16Gbps memory clock speed. However, I think the more interesting part is that NVIDIA claims that the RTX 3070 is faster than the RTX 2080 Ti.
This is a huge leap when it comes to price to performance. RTX 2080 Ti graphics cards were priced at around $1,000 to $1,400, depending on the model and/or retailer. And just like that, NVIDIA dropped a $499 RTX 2080 Ti-killer GPU in the form of RTX 3070.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Also Coming – Late October
Although this news is not official yet; there are reports claiming that NVIDIA will drop an RTX 3060 Ti towards the end of October. The RTX 3060 Ti is said to feature 4864 CUDA cores, 152 Tensor Cores, and 38 RT Cores. It is also said that it will use an 8nm GA104-200 GPU.
I think NVIDIA doesn’t want AMD RTG to shine. AMD plans to unveil the RDNA 2 GPU, a.k.a Radeon RX 6000 graphics cards on October 28. This is going to be an exciting time for us gamers and enthusiasts.
GeForce RTX 3070 Pricing and Availability
The GeForce RTX 3070 graphics cards are expected to become available on October 15, 2020. NVIDIA’s RTX 3070 Founders Edition comes with an MSRP of $499. Expect that custom RTX 3070 cards from AIC partners will be priced higher than NVIDIA’s Founder Edition card.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Features
Below are the “cutting-edge” technologies that the new RTX 30 Series GPUs and NVIDIA Ampere architecture have to offer:
- New streaming multiprocessors: The building block for the world’s fastest, most efficient GPU, delivering 2x the FP32 throughput of the previous generation, and 30 Shader-TFLOPS of processing power.
- Second-gen RT Cores: New dedicated RT Cores deliver 2x the throughput of the previous generation, plus concurrent ray tracing and shading and compute, with 58 RT-TFLOPS of processing power.
- Third-gen Tensor Cores: New dedicated Tensor Cores, with up to 2x the throughput of the previous generation, making it faster and more efficient to run AI-powered technologies, like NVIDIA DLSS, and 238 Tensor-TFLOPS of processing power.
- NVIDIA RTX IO: Enables rapid GPU-based loading and game asset decompression, accelerating input/output performance by up to 100x compared with hard drives and traditional storage APIs. In conjunction with Microsoft’s new DirectStorage for Windows API,(1) RTX IO offloads dozens of CPU cores’ worth of work to the RTX GPU, improving frame rates and enabling near-instantaneous game loading.
- NVIDIA Broadcast for AI-powered Video and Voice: Turn any room into a home studio with AI-taking your live streams and video chats to the next level with AI-powered audio and video effects like noise removal, virtual background, and webcam auto frame.
- World’s fastest graphics memory: NVIDIA has worked with Micron to create the world’s fastest discrete graphics memory for the RTX 30 Series, GDDR6X.(2) It provides data speeds of close to 1TB/s system memory bandwidth for graphics card applications, maximizing game and app performance.
- Next-gen process technology: New 8N NVIDIA custom process from Samsung, which allows for higher transistor density and more efficiency.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series Specifications
|RTX 3090||RTX 3080||RTX 3070||RTX 2080 Ti||RTX 2080|
|Fab Process||8nm Samsung||8nm Samsung||8nm Samsung||12nm TSMC||12nm TSMC|
|Base Clock||1400 MHz||1440 MHz||1500 MHz||1350 MHz||1515 MHz|
|Boost Clock||1700 MHz||1710 MHz||1730 MHz||1545 MHZ |
1635 MHz (FE)
1800 MHz (FE)
|Memory Clock||19.5 Gbps||19 Gbps||16 Gbps||14 Gbps||14 Gbps|
|Memory Bandwidth||936 Gbps||760 Gbps||512 Gbps||616 GB/s||448 GB/s|
|Max. GPU Temp.||93°||93°||93°||89°||88°|
|Power Connectors||2x 8-pin||2x 8-pin||8-pin||8+8 pin||6+8 pin|
|Graphics Card Power||350W||320W||220W||260W (FE)||225W (FE)|
|Price||$1,499||$699||$499||$999 (reference) |